This post is written for my mommy friend, May Yee, who will be going back to work soon.
Yes, breastfeeding and working full-time can go hand-in-hand! If you are planning to pump at work, here’s a list of things to bring:
1. Cooler bag
2. Ice pack – to ensure your expressed breastmilk remains chilled on your way home from office
3. Sterilised milk storage bottles (4x) – depending on the number of times you’ll be pumping
4. Ziplock bags – to hold your storage bottles and prevent odour from office’s fridge from contaminating your expressed breastmilk
6. Breastpump parts
7. Sterilizing container – see here
8. Sterilizing tablets – keep a box in your office
9. Small sponge for cleaning breastpump parts
10. Cleaning liquid – poured into a small bottle
11. Kitchen towel paper – for wiping dripped milk and holding cleaned parts
It will be a little troublesome at the beginning but with time, you’ll get used to the whole routine.
One thing to note though is, you’ll get stares as you walk into the office every morning with bags on your left and right arm as if you have just visited a market but keep your head high and give yourself a pat on the back for the effort to provide the best nutrition to your baby. 🙂