If there is one thing I won’t mind splurging on, it would be books. At home, we have a mini library filled with shelves after shelves of books. Naturally, E took after our love for reading, so much so that the teacher at his daycare noticed his fascination with books too. To further nurture the reading habit, we recently bought him some proper shelves to store his collection and placed them in his nap cum play room downstairs so he could access them anytime he wants.
If he’s pretending to “drive” his pink inflatable racer car or just messing around in the driver seat of our cars (with the engine switched off, of course!), he would proudly declare that he’s driving to the BOOK SHHHOP – as he pronounces it.
So when Shen-Li from Babylicious by Figur8 mentioned that The Book Depository (TBD) online book store offers free delivery worldwide, I was intrigued. Yes, FREE DELIVERY to any countries including Malaysia with no minimum purchase! At that time, I was searching high and low around town for “The Happiest Toddler On The Block” by Harvey Karp – to no avail -and decided to try TBD. As they were having a sale, the books were even cheaper. One thing led to another and before I knew it, I have paid for five books totalling US$36.59.
Here’s a detailed price comparison between the books purchased through TBD and book stores in Malaysia, as well as the savings obtained:
1. Huge savings on brand new books!
2. You can practically find any books there – including those that are not usually carried by local bookshops.
3. Free delivery worldwide.
4. Very efficient customer service – My books were packed and despatched within two days! And there’s a user-friendly order tracking system that is constantly updated so you know when to expect your books.
1. Books are delivered in batches as they seemed to be despatched by different suppliers. I received five separate parcels within a span of 1.5 weeks.
2. As they are shipped from the UK via normal air mail, it takes 3-4 weeks to arrive. My order was placed on 10th February and I received the final 5th book on 5th March.
I would definitely be buying from TBD again in the future 🙂